Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hello Readers,

As the year draws to a close and the busy Xmas period begins I have started reflecting on what I would like to teach my girls next year. Bit by bit I'm starting to work things out in my mind. I have decided to work on more practical life things with Miss S and start helping her to develop her independence. I am a devotee to the Montessori method of education and I believe in the teaching of children to take care of themselves. I still do alot for my eldest and I am taking away from her the chance to do things for herself and feel good about it. I guess I am having a hard time letting go and allowing her to do some things on her own. I guess it is a mother's prerogative to have a hard time of letting go of her baby and letting her grow up.

My other goals are to have her reading and writing independently and well on her way to a good and solid understanding of maths. In the second half of 2012 I will introduce the wink programme and start right brain training, which is something I am really looking forward to.

My littlest  I will continue to do flashcards, show words, and step up the signing with her. I have found it harder to be consistent with the signing the second time around, and read more to her.

Well it is very late and tonight I'm feeling particularly tired.

Watch out for my Little Chinese review!!!

Kimba




No comments:

Post a Comment