Monday, September 19, 2011

The Montessori Book that started it all.

Hi,

When I first became pregnant with my eldest child I was looking around for books on how to raise a child. As I had become very interested in Montessori I happened to stumble across this book when I was waiting to meet a friend.


The book is "How to raise an Amazing Child" The Montessori Way by Tim Seldin. Tim Seldin is the president of the Montessori Association in the UK but don't let that stop you from looking at this book. It has many practical ways that you as a parent can introduce Montessori ways into your home without a massive disruption to your lifestyle. It is also an excellent introduction to Montessori and what a Montessori education is all about and what to look for in a good Montessori school. Which I believe is very important.

This book covers everything from how to set up a playroom, to helping children become independent to how to discipline. I love especially how it goes about teaching children to be helpful around the house and be included in the chores without being paid to do them.

The book is simple and filled with beautiful pictures so you can see how you can bring Montessori into your home in very practical ways that don't break the bank.

Kimba

No comments:

Post a Comment