Monday, March 5, 2012

1000 Book Challenge and our 3 weekly trip to the library

Hello Readers,

Well the 1000 book challenge is going well, I am right on target to reach the 1000 by the end of the year. We have been reading everything we can get our hands on. I have even started reading to them so old books like Beatrix Potter and Enid Blyton and really enjoying the old style language and re-living a little of my childhood through these books and getting to share something that was special to me with my kids.

What I also love is the language that is used in these books. None of it is 'dumbed down' it was just assumed all those years ago that children would just learn what the words mean. I love that Beatrix Potter used the word 'sporific' or that you see the word 'perculiar' is Enid Blyton, Noddy Books. As I am reading numerous children's books I can tell you I certainly do not come across words like soporific and peculiar at all.

We had a wonderful time on our regular trip to library to get our books. Miss A gets really excited about picking out books. Miss S needs a little more coaxing. She is too busy enjoying the train but here are some photos.  I am really enjoying this challenge it is causing me to stretch myself to find new material for me to read to them but I am also hoping it will stretch my kids repertoire in books to.















No comments:

Post a Comment