Saturday, March 10, 2012

A life lesson given to us by children.

Hi readers,

Today I took my little ones off to the park again to let off some steam in the hope both would have an afternoon sleep. (One did the other didn't humpf) but today the kids gave me a lesson and not the other way around.

I know there is an old saying 'That kids can be so cruel.' in some instances that is true but what I also see is that children can be kind and full of compassion.

At the park today my eldest dd comes across another little girl who she had never met her before and 5 minutes later off they running together hand in hand like they were old friends. Then the little girl gets called over by her mother to have a biscuit (cookie). She grabs the biscuit, comes back to my dd and breaks it in half and gives her the other half of the biscuit without being told to share. The kindness shared in that moment was really touching and the other girl's mother commented to me that we could all learn something from that kindness. I agreed.

They then find another little girl to play with and before you know it they are playing ring-a-ring-a-rosy. The girls did not care about how each other looked, or what race they were, they are blind to all that stuff. The kids just wanted someone to play with.

Children are sometimes the ones to teach us if we are open to it. Sometimes we are so busy imparting lessons on to our children that we miss the opportunity for them to teach us. Today observing the moment take place between two children who had never met each other before was wonderful. It reminds me that there really is good in the world.

Happy Teaching

Kimba

No comments:

Post a Comment